Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tot Spot: My attempt to try something new everyday with my toddler! # 21 - Monster Bean Bag Toss

Monster Bean Bag Toss!
So in my free time I have been making bean bags put of spare felt I had saved. I hand sewn them and used mixed beans inside.
Today my husband and I completed the project by making a monster to toss the bean bags in! What a success!
I started with a diaper box and cut out a huge mouth to toss the bean bags in. Then I cut an opening on the side in case she didn't want to reach in the mouth. We also reversed the box so the print was on the inside, but then decided to cover the whole thing in construction paper, so that was a waste of time. Plus, now the inside looks like the monster ate a baby and my husband thinks that's hilarious.
So we cut out the mouth and side hole, covered it in construction paper, glued on eyes we made out of construction paper, some crazy hair out of construction paper and pop cleaners, and gave him a pom pom nose! Too cute!
We had a late night tonight again because of getting my computer fixed, which is a whole irritating story in itself (still using the Blogger app, still crappy pictures), so we did not have a long time to play with him... But it was a hit for the little bit of time we had! She loved feeding her monster and I think we are going to have a lot more fun with this in the days to come! It didn't take long to make and it was cheap too! I didn't have to buy anything special for it, just used what I had in my house!
I love home made fun and I love that being a mom has given me the chance to be extra crafty and creative!



No comments:

Post a Comment