Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tot Spot: My attempt to try something new everyday with my Toddler! - # 5: Ring Around the Rose

Ring Around the Rosie

My only regret is that I have no pictures of this activity because I was doing it with her! Today we sang and danced to "Ring Around the Rosie" and Hailey LOVED it! For those of you who don't know or might have forgot, it goes:

Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Ashes ashes
We all fall down.

Now I was never a big fan of this little rhyme because  I learned while taking a history class in college (I majored in History), that it has to due with the plague and people dying. Ring around the rosie referred the the rosie rash, posies were said to ward off the smell of the disease, ashes because they burned the bodies and their homes to keep the disease from spreading. (How grim is this post), But it was never proven as a definite meaning or theory and  as a mom and how could I resist a little folk song/nursery rhyme and dance that my kiddo would love!

Anyways, this was a success and a half! Hailey kept wanting to sing and spin in the circle and fall down with me! I got dizzy pretty quick, but she kept going and was even helping to sing along! (She didn't know the words but did a pretty good job)

I love how the simple things like a nursery rhyme can make a child's day! I am blessed to be a mom and have such a great little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment