Here is a small list of 5 simple things you can do with your toddler other than play with toys! In our house, we don't watch a lot of television so we need to find simple things to fill in the time when toys get boring. Even with a million toys at her disposal, Hailey still gets bored, thats when its time to break out the "simple things"!
1. Make a fort - grab some chairs and a big blanket, throw in some pillows to fortify and bring in some flashlights and some books and cuddle up and read in your fort! Sing some songs, blow some bubbles, anything can be fun when your under a tent!
2. Break out the kitchen tools - Pots, pans, utensils, tupperwear... let the stuff that is normally off limits become accessable. Create a pots and pans band or wear a new funny hat!
3. Stacking cups - Grab your plastic cups in all shapes and sizes and build giant towers or go bowling.
4. The Office - Grab an old keyboard or old laptop and phone and set up an office area at a small table and let your toddler feel like a big kid! I know Hailey loves my computer and had a blast when we set up an old laptop that she could pretend to type on. She also loves talking on the phone and the conversations were hilarious!
5. Box Blocks - Diaper boxes, wipes boxes, tissue boxes, toilet paper rolls, and anything else that they can build with! Build skyscrapers and make dinosaur sounds to knock them over! Build bridges to crawl under! The possibilities are endless!
These are just a couple ideas to break out of the box and do something new and different! I am always trying to come up with new ideas of things we can do and these are some of my favorites! I have a million more ideas in my head, so keep checking for new posts! But right now I have a date with a little girl who is in the backyard playing with her daddy and I don't want to miss out of on the fun!!