Friday, August 10, 2012

Tot Spot: New activity # 27 - Chalk Spray Paint

Chalk Spray Paint Recipe

1-2 tsp. washable paint

1 cup hot water

1/2 cup cornstarch

squirt of dishwashing liquid

1 squirt bottle per color

Add cornstarch to one cup of hot water whisking to mix so that there are no clumps.
Add one teaspoon of washable tempura paint and a quirt of dishwashing liquid.   Mix well.
Pour it into your squirt bottles and shake well.

I got this idea from Pintrest (what would we do with it??? LOL!) I used the recipe above using spray bottles I bought at the dollar store. Hailey had a tough time squeezing the nozzle. I don't know if it was because she doesn't have the motor skills yet or if the bottle was just too hard. I'm glad I only made purple and didn't make a bunch of colors. We did it on our chalkboard wall (also from pintrest) and it did not show up very well. I had the same problem with the color water balloons... I think I need to make a white (or just lighter color) wall for activities like this. 
Well, even though it did not work as I had hoped, we are going to keep trying with the spray bottles. Maybe if I find a different kind I will get them, but I still have them available for Hailey to try and work with to get the hang out it. After all, this is all a learning experience!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment