Monday, January 7, 2013

Snow Dough!

Hailey loves playing with her playdough... and she is a fan of cloud dough too! This is a variation of Cloud Dough I found on The Imagination Tree, one of my favorite blogs and inspirations! She suggests using veggie oil for kids under 3, but I used lavender baby oil because Hailey does not put things in her mouth. It smells good and Hailey is never left alone while playing with it and she doesn't eat it! 

Recipe for Snow Dough:


2 cups corn starch
1/3 to 1/2 of a cup vegetable oil
3-4 tablespoons silver glitter


I omitted the glitter in ours because I did not want glitter on everything in the house at that moment. Glitter tends to stick to everything when we use it and sometimes, as creative as we are, I just don't want to fight that battle! 

The recipe does not yield very much. I ended up doubling it to create a snowscape for Hailey and her Little People animals. -- Side Note: She loves playing with her Little People, especially the animals. I like to come up with new things for her to do with them, so putting them in the snow sounded like fun! They are easy to clean because they are plastic too, which is a huge plus! 



No comments:

Post a Comment