Monday, July 16, 2012

Tot Spot: My attempt to try something new everyday with my Toddler! - # 7: Obstacle Cushions!

Obstacle Cushions

Today we made an obstacle course out of cushions and pillows! I know a lot of parents use chairs and ottomans and things to climb on, but we stuck to pillows and cushions to jump around on because I don't have the room to make anything too big and we have hardwood floors I didn't want her to fall on. 
I used some couch cushions, pillows, and my cushions from my patio outside. She really like the part with the patio cushions, I like because they were a little thicker so they made a better step and a better place to land. We climbed up and down them and fell on them and we did this thing my mom calls "bomb drops" where we throw her down. It is one of her favorite things because, yes, my daughter is a dare devil! 
 I think this is one of the best activities we have done so far. It was quick and easy to put together and clean up plus Hailey loved it! After we were done, because we did it before bedtime, we curled up on the cushions and read some books together. Hailey is a super reader, always has been. She has 3 shelves of books downstairs (we are getting ready to start her forth) and 2 baskets in her bedroom. I think doing this about an hour before bedtime was a good idea because it also gave us a great cool down area to unwind and get ready for sleepy time. I would love to do more obstacles in the future, but for now, I think these cushions make a great play area run, jump, climb, and play on and adding things like chairs just scares me a little!




No comments:

Post a Comment